Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Costume Fusion

We’ve got fusion in music, fusion in cooking, and it seems only right to have fusion in costumes. Costume fusion, like any other type of fusion, is creating something new and unique (in this case, a new and unique costume idea) by blending, mixing or joining aspects of different costumes.

I love this idea!! It solves two problems at one time. First you are pretty much assured that no one else is going to show up in your costume. Don’t you just hate it when you think you’ve got a great costume idea and then you get to the party, only to discover that you are one of 50 other Batmans.

It also solves the problem of deciding between two great ideas. Just put them together!

My favorite recently is the Hello Kitty Darth Vader.

Or maybe it’s the Princess Vader.

Then there is always the Elvis Trooper.


As you can see Star Wars costumes seem to fuse well with other costumes. But I think it’s time for costume fusion to happen with other costumes as well.

We have our Miss Sister Contest going on right now and I think I will submit a nun fusion costume. I’m thinking Nunder Woman (a much-needed superhero nun) or Twisted Sister (80s hair band nun). Imagine that! I’ll post pictures in a bit.

What are some costume fusion ideas in your head? Share them in our comments section.

No comments: