Friday, September 26, 2008

The Buzz about Bees



The weather is changing and I feel fall creeping its way back. I’m missing spring - you know, the whole birds and bees thing. I’ve always thought this Busy Bee Costume was pretty stinkin’ cute so I thought I’d take it out for a spin and have my own personal springtime. I also thought it would be good to see what I thought of it as a wearer instead of just a spectator.

Some costumes look one way on the model (cute and quality) and entirely different on you. Well, I have good news to report. This costume isn’t one of those – it rocks. It is super comfy – the stretchy spandex tube dress is as comfortable as wearing a workout shirt. The tube part (the upper half of the dress) is cut sort of long – this makes it work for both people with long torsos and those of us with a more condensed midsection. I just tucked the extra into the skirt, and you can hardly tell. If I would have pulled the top to its full length, the skirt would have started at about my thighs. So there’s plenty of costume for you tall girls, but it can easily work for someone my size (about 5 feet tall, on a good day). On top of being comfy and versatile, the costume feels really well made. Roma has a habit of making really high quality stuff for a good price and this one is a prime example.

As you can see, the straps that hold the wings on are out for the world to see, since I don’t have long hair like the model. Accessories could do the job of hiding those straps, if you wanted. Most obviously, you could wear a long wig. Or you could throw on a boa to cover those straps.

While we are on the subject of accessories, there are a ton of little ways you could tweak the look of this outfit, just by adding little extras. Let’s start with the shoes. I wore black boots, but you could do black pumps, black fairy tale shoes, or even the bumble bee shoes (that are totally cool). Raise the look another notch by adding fishnet pantyhose or some yellow and black fuzzy striped leg warmers. What fun!

Now we’ve got the creative juices flowing. How about a petticoat underneath? Just a little touch, adds lots sexification to the costume. While you’re at it, you might as well throw a matching Honeybee purse.

Make yourself the Queen Bee by accessorizing with a yellow boa and a crown. Some elbow length gloves would be a nice touch as well. A yellow afro or short and sassy wig with this costume would be a fun combo too. Let your imagination go wild, and accessorize.








We carry quite a few different styles of bee costumes, some even come with antennae! And they are all made by either Roma or Leg Avenue, both of whom are known for making a high quality products. All the bees in our hive are fun and happy, with just the right amount of pizzazz to make them sexy. Heck, since we're on a roll here, why not have your favorite pooch join your hive with her own bee costume.


No comments: