Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time to get Christmassy

It’s now one month until Christmas. I remember the days when the Christmas season began the day after Thanksgiving. My mom always hit the big After-Thanksgiving sales. She was up before dawn and off to the Del Amo Fashion Mall in Torrance, California, along with her partner-in-crime, my aunt. At about this same time Christmas tree lots opened up and Christmas lights were hung. It was tradition. These were the things that kicked off the Christmas season.

Nowadays I’ve noticed a change. Christmas things appear in stores on Halloween day. They can’t even wait for November 1st. I was in a store on Halloween day, and they had all their Halloween things on clearance and in their places were Christmas displays of all sorts.

At our retail costume store, we actually keep Christmas costumes out all year long. You wouldn’t believe how many people buy a Christmas costume to use as their Halloween costume. I don’t blame them either. The Christmas costumes are very cute and fun.

Even our mannequins have been eyeballing the Christmas costumes for the last week. So we dressed them up for the Christmas season. They are at the front of the store, ready to greet all who enter.


Now the BIG question:
What are you wearing to celebrate the Christmas season?? There are so many choices – a huge variety of Santa hats, super-sexy costumes for private parties, fun Christmas costumes for parties, Santa and Elf costumes for more traditional events. I always pull out my loooooong Santa Hat during this season. I had a necklace that was mini-Christmas lights that flashed. I loved that necklace, but alas, it bit the dust, and I never replaced it. Santa hats from a favorite sports team is always a good way to go. Or maybe just some nice Christmassy accessory.

Don’t be all bah-humbuggy this Christmas season. Find a costume or hat or something that works for you and have add a little merriness to your mon

No comments: